Transfer miles from United to Continental

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
THANK YOU!
biggrin.gif

I've got about 150,000 MileagePlus miles to transfer to OnePass (then to AGR)! I can do a lot of damage with an extra 150K AGR points!
t2019.gif

I've got about 150,000 Mileage Plus miles to transfer to OnePass (then to AGR)!
My my! You flew that much? What is the world coming to? :p
When I was young and stupid, I lived in AZ and NV and my family was on the correct coast. So I flew cross country 3 or 4 times a year. But because I was cheap (and still am), I flew on many airlines (CO, UA, DL, NW, UA, etc ) and never got status!
sad.gif

Most of these miles (after taking a few free award flights - including First Class
cool.gif
) are from using the Mileage Plus Visa!
tongue.gif

But will we be able to transfer United miles to AGR after the UA-CO FF merger is finalized?

So, other than actually flying on United, what are the best ways of accumulating mass quantities of MilagePlus miles?

I know there's the MP credit card from Chase, which comes with a standard 30,000 enrollment bonus. I've seen reports of some people receiving targeted offers of a 50,000-miles enrollment bonus.

Any other quick and easy ways to get cheap or free United miles?

At this point there is no way to know if United miles will become transferable to AGR once the Continental program is rolled into the United program. But I would guess they will not, based on United's legendary middle-of-the-night pull-out of its previous partnership with the AGR program.

I have tried to use the link to transfer miles from UA to CO. Each time I try I receive an error message prompting me to check One Pass login. I know I'm using the correct Pin and Password. Anyone else having this problem?

I have tried to use the link to transfer miles from UA to CO. Each time I try I receive an error message prompting me to check One Pass login. I know I'm using the correct Pin and Password. Anyone else having this problem?
Yes. If your name and address for each account are not identical, you'll get an error.

I had no problem at all!
cool.gif
I just transferred 50K from UA to CO! (and eventually to AGR)
tongue.gif

Are you sure you're using BOTH your correct OnePass number and PIN AND you correct Millage Plus number and password?
sad.gif
And on the next page, are you saying "Transfer from UA to CO"?
sad.gif

Mine went thru immediately and with no problem!
cool.gif
Now to transfer the the 50K to AGR!
laugh.gif

I got an error and called both UA Web support and Mileageplus... was told that since I wasn't Elite status, I am not allowed to do the link and transfer miles. No where on the webpage does it say anything about having status to do this function. Of course this person was at a call center off shore......grrrr

Looks like I am missing a middle initial on one account so trying to correct that and see if this works...

error_icon_7x28.png
ACCOUNTS NOT MATCHED:

There was a system error attempting to confirm your Mileage Plus credentials. Please try again later. (TR202)

I am happy to report that adding my middle initial to my One Pass was accomplished (only a 20 minute wait) and I have successfully transferred miles to CO.

Next step transferring to AGR and then planning another great trip on Amtrak.

By the way, does NOL-WAS-CHI-SAC-PDX count as a two zone award?

Thanks!

I am happy to report that adding my middle initial to my One Pass was accomplished (only a 20 minute wait) and I have successfully transferred miles to CO.

Next step transferring to AGR and then planning another great trip on Amtrak.

By the way, does NOL-WAS-CHI-SAC-PDX count as a two zone award?

Thanks!
I believe it would be 4 zones! :angry2: NOL-CHI-SAC-PDX = 2 Zones

Last edited by a moderator:
I just transferred those 50K to AGR on Wednesday at noon.
biggrin.gif
Let's see how long it takes - if it's still Sunday/Monday as before or not!
Can you transfer the Continental miles to AGR on line via a specific website link? If so what is the link? Or must you have to call CO Onepass to make this tranaction?
You have to call Continental. The transfer is done on Sunday night/Monday morning, or at least that's how it was at the end of last month.

I just transferred those 50K to AGR on Wednesday at noon.
biggrin.gif
Let's see how long it takes - if it's still Sunday/Monday as before or not!
Can you transfer the Continental miles to AGR on line via a specific website link? If so what is the link? Or must you have to call CO Onepass to make this tranaction?

You must call.

RF

You can now transfer miles from your United Mileage Plus account to your Continental OnePass account at http://www.united.com/transfermymiles, which can then of course be transferred to AGR.
Here is a belated thank you for informing AU members of this. I had a measley 5k points in my United account that probably would have been lost to inactivity. With this revelation I was able to transfer these miles to my AGR account. THANK YOU.

You can now transfer miles from your United Mileage Plus account to your Continental OnePass account at http://www.united.com/transfermymiles, which can then of course be transferred to AGR.
Here is a belated thank you for informing AU members of this. I had a measley 5k points in my United account that probably would have been lost to inactivity. With this revelation I was able to transfer these miles to my AGR account. THANK YOU.
You have just enough to do this. You can transfer between UA and CO in 1,000 mile blocks, but you can only transfer between CO and AGR in 5,000 mile blocks. (5K, 10K, 15K, etc...)

Back