traveling on the Amtrak in the Snow

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On our honeymoon in 1990 we went over Donner Pass with 15ft of snow on it. Pop out of a snow shed into a winter wonderland I didn't know existed. You can understand then namesake's trauma with five month of that. The train slowed considerably, and an old conductor told a story of getting stranded on the Zeph for three days up there. I am glad I missed that.

On our honeymoon in 1990 we went over Donner Pass with 15ft of snow on it. Pop out of a snow shed into a winter wonderland I didn't know existed. You can understand then namesake's trauma with five month of that. The train slowed considerably, and an old conductor told a story of getting stranded on the Zeph for three days up there. I am glad I missed that.
I'd sure like to have seen that scene.

A Montanan who enjoys trail travel.

DSC_2064 (1280x848).jpg

Had a great CZ trip last March. Being from Florida it was fun to see all the snow. We did manage to hit a huge boulder sometime later which caused a delay. Got a new engine I think in Grand Junction. Still a good trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back