Trip from NYP to MTR

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amfleet Fan

Service Attendant
Hi,

I was wondering if some of you could help me with this.

I’m taking a trip up to Montreal from NY in October.

I’ve taken the Adirondack many times so I wanted to break this trip up a bit. I figured I would take the Adirondack north and then the Vermonter for the return trip. However, I don’t want to take the bus connection from MTR to St. Albans for the Vermonter since I have a friend who would drive me.

So, basically my question is, I can’t figure out a way to book this exact itinerary on the Amtrak website.

Any suggestions?

Also, what type of Amfleet Car is Business Class on the Vermonter these days, is it the 2-1 club seating or some other configuration?

Thanks in advance.

Amfleet Fan,

You'll have to book your trip in two seperate reservations. Otherwise the system will provide you with a bus ticket.

Make one reservation for the Adirondack only. Then make another for the Vermonter. That's the only way you can do it.

Plus based upon my observations, you'll actually save six bucks doing it that way. :)

The Vermonter is running with an Amfleet I Club/Dinette with 2-1 seating for Business Class. This is one train where I do recommend spending to extra buck to upgrade. Here's a photo I took inside of one of these cars on the Downeaster, similar to what you find on the Vermonter.

jss_amfleet1_cafe_48155_interior_c.jpg

jss_amfleet1_cafe_48155_interior_e.jpg

Those are great photos.

I actually rode this config back in April when I took Business Class on Train 288 Empire Service from SYR to NYP (can't remember if that was the exact number) on the last night before the schedule change. There was no cafe attendant as the train had a full Amfleet lounge two cars up and Business Class had 3 people in it including me.

So, I hope I have that type of car on the Vermonter.

Thanks for the info, I'll make two reservations.

Like I said before, juding from the pictures, the Club cars are great looking cars even unrefurbished, and man those seats look comfy. The only thing I dont like are the red curtians in the car, I dont know why but they just look shabby to me. But other then that I like the red!!

Interesting to see the head covers advertise the Hilton and Doubletree hotels, I wonder if the pay for them? (doubt it)

Viewliner said:
Interesting to see the head covers advertise the Hilton and Doubletree hotels, I wonder if the pay for them? (doubt it)
Actually, they pay to advirtise on the head covers. There is a slogan above it that says something like, "When you ride the Downeaster to Portland there's no better place to stay than Double Tree" (or something like that). To note, there is a double tree hotel right across the street from the trian station in Portland.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back