trip planning

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrianPR3

Service Attendant
i was thinking of planning a trip on the capitol ltd from was to chi

my other question is i plan on flying in to washington dc which would be the better option flying into bwi and taking the NE regional to dc and transfering to the Capitol ltd? or flying into Reagan and taking the metro into dc to union station.

what do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:
If you fly into BWI, you can get a free shuttle from the terminal to the train station next door and hop on a train that goes directly to Union Station. If you fly into Reagan National, you can catch the METRO right at the airport, but you have to transfer to a different line to get to Union Station.

i also forgot to add i looked at airtran flight into the 2 airports

dca has a nonstop from where i live in rsw to dca departs at 1020 and arrives at 1245 and the flight to BWI that gets there at 12:35 with a 1 hour stopover in ATL (when my mom flew through to atlanta she was horrified at how big the airport is) im not taking the chance at ATL i figured going into DCA while taking the washington metro was safer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I'd prefer the direct flight. The change of metro trains is not a big deal (speaking from limited experience). A layover at an airport could have problems.

I took a NER to WAS then the Metro to DCA one time. Had no problems. Flew back to BWI and took a NER north (home).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back