Trip suggestions anyone?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kentuckian1977

Service Attendant
I would like to make a roundtrip originating and ending on the Cardinal from AKY. I'll be leaving on the eastbound Card on Sunday morning July 22 and returning Wednesday night, July 25. I'd thought about just going to Charlottesville or DC and staying three nights, but I'd rather spend most of the trip on trains instead. I'm open to suggestions that might fit with this. I've got in mind to spend up to about $500 on train tickets in coach. I'd prefer more time on the train(s), so a "loop" with maybe one night in a hotel would be great. I'd really like to go up to somewhere up in New England since I've never been to that part of the country, but the Card's tri-weekly scheduling and connections make this complicated, so I'm wanting to see if someone can think of something I haven't, basically. Other than that, going the other way leaving Ashland would be an option too, but in that case I'd still need to leave and return on the same dates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back