Trouble Finding Schedule

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PJRACER

Service Attendant
I have gone to the AMTRAK web site and tried to duplicate our "ticketed" schedule which is STP to ORL to WASHINGTON,DC to CHI to MSP and return and it would not come up but gives me this: !problem finding service. The service you requested is not available because there is no same day connection. Please try a different route or different dates. We are "ticketed" to leave Aug. 4 and return Aug 16. What is going on???? I know someone will have the appropriate answer.

I have gone to the AMTRAK web site and tried to duplicate our "ticketed" schedule which is STP to ORL to WASHINGTON,DC to CHI to MSP and return and it would not come up but gives me this: !problem finding service. The service you requested is not available because there is no same day connection. Please try a different route or different dates. We are "ticketed" to leave Aug. 4 and return Aug 16. What is going on???? I know someone will have the appropriate answer.

Did they e-mail you your itinerary? Dont Panic, you still have 3 weeks yet!

Last edited by a moderator:

We have not been emailed anything, although we have our tickets and itinerary in hand.

We have not been emailed anything, although we have our tickets and itinerary in hand.
That's all you need! Be patient, relax & wait awhile. If it will make you feel better, call Amtrak!

It probably said that because one (or more) of the trains you're taking is sold out.
As far as I know, the

The service you requested is not available because there is no same day connection. Please try a different route or different dates.
message does not appear when a train is sold out. The connections do appear with the "sold out train" flag attached. Even when there really is no connection due to a service disruption, you get a sold out message.

This is bizarre behavior and I will ask a friend at Amtrak to look into it. To the original poster, if you have tickets in hand, you have nothing to worry about. :) It is probably some glitch regarding train 807 and the service disruption right now in ND.

This is bizarre behavior and I will ask a friend at Amtrak to look into it. To the original poster, if you have tickets in hand, you have nothing to worry about. :) It is probably some glitch regarding train 807 and the service disruption right now in ND.
I'd agree with that assessment. I tried booking a trip on August 4 from STP to MSP and got the error. But booking on 8/4 from STP to CHI works fine. Since the Cap is scheduled to arrive at 8:45a, you'll not have any issues connecting to the Builder, which has an afternoon departure.

I also checked other dates to make sure that it's not a one-time disruption. But STP to MSP results in the "no service available" error on several dates in early August.

Oddly enough, you can book a trip from Chicago to Minneapolis on August 6.

So, in summation, you have nothing to worry about for several reasons:

1. You already have tickets in hand.
  2. You can still book a trip from STP to CHI on 8/4 (arriving 8/6).
  3. You can still book a trip from CHI to MSP on 8/6.
So even though you can't (for some strange reason) book from STP to MSP on the web right now, you can still book all the legs of your trip separately. It's probably just a glitch with the website.

But remember this: When in doubt, call Amtrak. It will take you 5 minutes, and will save you a lot of stress.

Program this number into your phone: 1.800.USA.RAIL (1.800.872.7245).

It's apparently a glitch that is known and on the way to being fixed. Not just the website -- would also affect call center or station agents. I guess the best answer is to try again in a few days if you really need to book that itinerary. For now, as previously stated, any existing tickets or itineraries are obviously still valid. :)

I'd agree with that assessment. I tried booking a trip on August 4 from STP to MSP and got the error. But booking on 8/4 from STP to CHI works fine. Since the Cap is scheduled to arrive at 8:45a, you'll not have any issues connecting to the Builder, which has an afternoon departure.

I also checked other dates to make sure that it's not a one-time disruption. But STP to MSP results in the "no service available" error on several dates in early August.

Oddly enough, you can book a trip from Chicago to Minneapolis on August 6.

So, in summation, you have nothing to worry about for several reasons:

1. You already have tickets in hand.
  2. You can still book a trip from STP to CHI on 8/4 (arriving 8/6).
  3. You can still book a trip from CHI to MSP on 8/6.
So even though you can't (for some strange reason) book from STP to MSP on the web right now, you can still book all the legs of your trip separately. It's probably just a glitch with the website.

But remember this: When in doubt, call Amtrak. It will take you 5 minutes, and will save you a lot of stress.

Program this number into your phone: 1.800.USA.RAIL (1.800.872.7245).
Thank you, this is an excellent post...and good idea on putting the Amtrak # in my cell phone memory. Thanks again!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back