Tucson, AZ Amtrak station

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Durham57

Train Attendant
This coming October, I will be traveling round trip from Los Angeles to Tucson. I will have a fairly long wait at the Tucson station before my friend can come for me. Can anyone tell me what the station is like? Is it a real station building with seats inside? If it is not a comfortable place to wait for about an hour, is there a hotel or restaurant nearby where I could sit? Any comments will be helpful.

It has been at least two years since I was in the station, but it is a large restored station used for other purposes besides Amtrak, which occupies a portion of the building. The station hours on the website indicate that the station should be open after your arrival. I had lunch in a restaurant at one end of the building and it is in the main business district, with the Congress Hotel across the street. You will not be stuck in the boondocks waiting for your ride.

It has been at least two years since I was in the station, but it is a large restored station used for other purposes besides Amtrak, which occupies a portion of the building. The station hours on the website indicate that the station should be open after your arrival. I had lunch in a restaurant at one end of the building and it is in the main business district, with the Congress Hotel across the street. You will not be stuck in the boondocks waiting for your ride.
greatcats, many thanks for your helpful reply.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is plenty to do from what I saw when I went through there including the bar across the street and the party going on there. Our Conductor reminded us that if we joined the party and missed the train, the next one wasn't until Tuesday. lol.

Unfortunately, bars and many restaurants will not be open at 8:00A. I'm sure if there is a hotel across the street, their restaurant would serve you, but you should be fine in the station for 1 hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back