Unexpected Thruway points

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went Winslow-Lamy-Santa Fe on Labor Day weekend. I got the points for the rail WLO-LMY roundtrip fairly quickly. The AGR rules say that "Members will not earn or redeem Points for ... (ii) Amtrak 7000 series Thruway bus services." Since the LMY-SAF shuttle is 7303/7304, I assumed it wouldn't earn points.

Two months later, I had points post. The transactions were also incorrectly dated as 10/5 and 10/7 rather than 9/5 and 9/7. Not that I'm complaining... with the double points promo, this is another 400 points.

That's very interesting since my son and I rode that same 7000 series LMY-SAF shuttle on Sept 16 and Sept 20. When booking it they said I could not use AGR points to pay for it. I had to phone the private shuttle service myself and make reserbvatiosn directly. At Lamy the tickets were issued with an Amtrak reservation number on an Amtrak ticketing machine. Later when I asked about points for those trips I was told no points for 7000 series travel.

Back