Union Station Denver

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ABDeh88

Train Attendant
Is anyone else interested in the FasTracks RTD improvement, especially around Union Station?

Info here: www.rtd-fastracks.com

I'm interested and have been following the progress recently. The first step was completed on the 15th of August. It involved taking the last 90* right, 90* left turns out of the route and continuing parallel to the BNSF tracks amd stopping on the far side of the Union Station area.

This allows for the 16th Street shuttle to pull up immediately southeast of the LR station and an underground bus station to the southeast of that.

Union Station will get rid of it's tunnel and Amtrak passengers will board/detrain via new bridges. The future commuter rails will also be here next to the Amtrak tracks.

The one drawback I immediately saw while down there trainspotting and looking at new construction was, while the new LR station is nice, it is now quite a walk if you're transferring to/from Amtrak. The old plan was about as close as it could get.

Oh well, we'll see how it ends up. I'm excited to ride the new West Corridor that will open next year. Also, the commuter lines that will be completed in the years to come.

I live about four miles from the I-25/Lincoln station and am fortunate enough to catch it tp ride downtown when I want. Too bad it's so expensive!

I believe there are some downtown and Union Station pics in my train album on my Webshots page.

http://rides.webshots.com/album/570720158MtaWOC

Back