Upgrading when ticket office is closed

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wayman

Engineer
I'll be taking 66 from Philadelphia to New Haven in a week. I've got upgrade coupons to burn, and booked coach in hopes of a free BC upgrade. But the PHL ticket hours end at 9:30pm -- long before the "one hour in advance" window to use the coupon. Will an agent honor the coupon and reticket me earlier that day given the hours issue? Will the conductor honor the coupon when I board if space is available in BC?

(Is BC typically sold out on this train? Is there likely to be space available for an upgrade anyway?)

Do you not have a 48 hour upgrade coupon? Those are what they gave out this year to select and select plus members. Plus I redeemed some of my points for 5 of them and they were also 48 hour upgrade coupons.

Are those coupons current, because if you're talking about the upgrade coupons issued to Select members - they are 48 hour upgrades!
cool.gif
In the past, Select members got 1 hour coupons and Select+ members got 48 hour coupons. However last year (good thru 2/28/2011) all got 48 hour upgrades!

Are those coupons current, because if you're talking about the upgrade coupons issued to Select members - they are 48 hour upgrades!
cool.gif
In the past, Select members got 1 hour coupons and Select+ members got 48 hour coupons. However last year (good thru 2/28/2011) all got 48 hour upgrades!
This is simply a case of me having assumed the exp.2011 coupons are identical to coupons from previous years. I didn't actually read the fine print to discover the change. Great news, thanks! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back