Urgent Michigan Amtrak Update

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was informed that a Michigan Department of Transportation employee came into the East Lansing Station and told the Amtrak Ticket Agent that the Bluewater will have less ridership then the International train.This M-DOT employee was the one that wanted the Bluewater instead of the International this is not good for the fact that less ridership means it will be hard to get State Funding for the 2 State supported trains for FY 2005 which starts Oct 1 2004.If you want the 2 State supported trains to run in 2005 you must act now or it will be to late and we could loose our trains.

BNSF_1088 said:
I was informed that a Michigan Department of Transportation employee came into the East Lansing Station and told the Amtrak Ticket Agent that the Bluewater will have less ridership then the International train.This M-DOT employee was the one that wanted the Bluewater instead of the International this is not good for the fact that less ridership means it will be hard to get State Funding for the 2 State supported trains for FY 2005 which starts Oct 1 2004.If you want the 2 State supported trains to run in 2005 you must act now or it will be to late and we could loose our trains.
Sounds like MDOt wants to use the Blue Water as an excuse to cut funding not keep it.

What doesn't make sense here is why would this MDOT employee tell this to a ticket agent? What real purpose would doing this serve him? Something's just not adding up. I'm not trying to discount the story but something here is jusy not sounding quite right.

tp49 said:
What doesn't make sense here is why would this MDOT employee tell this to a ticket agent? What real purpose would doing this serve him? Something's just not adding up. I'm not trying to discount the story but something here is jusy not sounding quite right.
Ok this is where it gets confusing the M-DOT employee wants the Blue Water but in order to get that train back he lied to to evreyone about how it would up ridership when he knew all along that it would lower ridership.This person doesn't want a train running through Lansing at all he thinks he can kill the International/ Blue water and use all the States money for the Pere Marquette train but you can't just kill 1 train you have to kill both but he just doesn't understand it.This person is also Anti Ticket Agents He is the Manager of Rail Passenger Services for M-DOT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back