Urgent Urgent Michigan Amtrak Funding

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This e mail was sent to me on Fri Sept 24 2004

Mr. Marderosian, Save Our Trains Michigan

Director Jeff ask that we provide a response to your inquiry related to Fiscal Year 2005 (FY 2005) funding for Amtrak. At this time, the State House and Senate have not passed appropriations legislation for the Michigan Department of Transportation, therefore the FY 2005 funding level for Amtrak has not been established.

Sharon Edgar, Administrator

Passenger Transportation Division

Multi Modal Transportation Services Bureau

Michigan Department of Transportation

517-373-0471

Subj: Re: Urgent Michigan Amtrak Funding

Date: 9/27/2004 8:48:50 AM Central Standard Time

To: [email protected]

Sent from the Internet (Details)

Mr. Marderosian:

Leader

Save Our Trains Michigan

Director Jeff ask me to respond to your inquiry related to Fiscal Year 2005 funding for Amtrak. At this time, the State House and Senate have not passed appropriations legislation for the Michigan Department of Transportation, therefore the funding level for Amtrak has not been established.

Tim

>>> <[email protected]> 09/17/04 11:07PM >>>

Dear Mrs. Jeff

My name is Matt Marderosian, I am the leader of Save Our Trains Michigan. I have been talking to Representative Hager and his office. My group needs to know how much money is in the 2005 budget for Amtrak. We already know that there is a 7.1 million dollar funding cap, like last year 8.3 million was in the budget. Mr. Hager was able to write a HB, which was passed to lift the 5.7 million dollar cap. Any information would help.

Thank you

Matt Marderosian

Leader of Save Our Trains Michigan

www.SaveOurTrainsMichigan.com

Look Listen Live Before Crossing Railroad Tracks

Support Amtrak

Back