Using a One Class Upgrade Coupon

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amtrak839

Lead Service Attendant
My mom has 3 one class upgrade coupons (all with her name on them) that she received for reaching Select status this year. Would it be possible for me to use one of her upgrade coupons on the Acela, provided that she buys me the ticket with her credit card, and, if necessary comes, to WAS with me to pick up the ticket?

Yes you can use the upgrade coupon - but all of that other stuff isn't even necessary!

It clearly states on the coupons that they are transferable :)

I was nicely gifted a coupon from an AGR member once and used it,and I use coupons all the time with my H's name on them. NO problems.

Even though the coupons now have the name of the Select or Select+ member on them, they are transferable (and able to be used) by anyone!
cool.gif
They can be given freely, they just can't be sold (like on sites such as ebay). If they can tell the coupon was sold (such as if they win it in an ebay auction), AGR can close that person's account, since they know who it came from.

I myself have received and given coupons for the last 3 years! But since I never asked for or paid anything for them (except thanks!), it is perfectly legal!
biggrin.gif

Your mother does not have to buy you the ticket or go to the station with you - unless she wants to!
tongue.gif
(And if so, she can buy my ticket too - I would not stop her!
laugh.gif
)

Latest posts

Back