Using Guest Rewards

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

XNWA

Service Attendant
If a couple make a trip togeather on Amtrak, will I get cedit on my guest rewards for 2 trips or will my wife need to have an account with guest rewards for herself to get the credit for trip?

She will need to have her own account to get any points for her ticket, and she'll only get the railfare points. The room points will be awarded to your ticket as long as you are listed first in the reservation.

She will need to have her own account to get any points for her ticket, and she'll only get the railfare points. The room points will be awarded to your ticket as long as you are listed first in the reservation.
What points go for free travel points?

What points go for free travel points?
I'm not sure that I fully understand what you're asking, but I'll give you the rundown on things in the hope that it answers the question.

If you book you and your wife into a sleeper, your ticket will show a railfare amount (the amount Amtrak charges you to get from point A to point B), as well as the accomodation charge for the room. You will get two points for every dollar spent on that ticket towards a future free trip.

You wife's ticket will only show the railfare amount and she will get two points for each dollar spent on that ticket, if she has an AGR account. If not, those points are lost. No one gets them.

Whenever the day comes that either you or your wife have enough points for a trip, you may trade them in for said trip. That could even mean that you go one way on your points, and return using her points if she has enough.

I hope that helps, if not, please rephrase the question. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back