Vegas Bus

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PackerBacker

Train Attendant
This January, we will be traveling mke to san on the Chief. After enjoying a few days of respite from a Wisconsin Winter, we will proceed to Las Vegas. One option is the Pacific Surfliner connecting to a bus from lax. Can anyone tell me about the bus experience. Will we be cruising up I-15

with crates of chickens strapped to the top of the bus, and feathers flying, and goats eating the upholstery, and packs of screaming children, or will this be a tolerable experience?

I've never ridden the Ambus, but if its anything like my experience with the Alaskan RR bus tour, then you shouldnt be disappointed. I would think screaming kids would be a little bit of an exageration, and against safety violations.

Hi,

You'll be right up on I-15. Long distance coach, very similar to the best Greyhound can offer. AirConditionned; '' pit stop'' en route, otherwise, no '' local '' service. Boards right at LAUPT. Drops off at bus depot in LostWages...ooops, I mean, lasVegas.

Nothing closely resembling bus rides in India or similar....

Cheers

PackerBacker, the AmBus from LA's Union Station to Sin City is indeed a Greyhound bus....it's one of the few times Amtrak California is not running the bus show; G-Hound is. The good news, well kinda, is that in the 3 times I've taken that bus to go to Vegas or to go home from there back to So. California so far, the bus has been good in keeping schedule and the crowds has not been a bad lot as a lot of Greyhound kinds of crowds may be. The bad news is that the bus is still Greyhound, can be old but running admirably like a certain Hall of fame bound ex Packer QB...so yes, you will travel on I-15 in pretty tolerable condition. You could do worse in bus service from L.A area to Las Vegas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back