Vermonter with American View (10004) and Corridor Clipper (10002)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FreeskierInVT

Lead Service Attendant
It's always a special occasion when the Vermonter heads north with a longer consist than usual, last night's 56 and today's 55 had the Corridor Clipper and American View cars in tow.

I went out to shoot both trains, last night's northbound 56 crossing the Winooski River just north of Waterbury, VT and today's southbound 55 passing through Roxbury, VT, about 20 minutes from it's stop in Randolph:

Loved that you let us linger by the river...much as you did yourself!

So neat to be reminded of Vermont!

In grad school in NYC I worked for Greyhound at Pt Authority during the Summer. Sometimes !'d finish my baggage job after midnight & take the late bus to Albany-Burlington. I'd get off in farm country or along a river...walk for an hour & smell the fresh air (back the jogging along the Hudson in the City was like smoking 20 cigarettes) ...then take the next bus back.

In later years living in E. Connecticut a family'd lend me a cabin near Mt Monadnock in N.H. I often read Thoreau's Journals there.

Chaz

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks! Here in Vermont, if you don't like the weather "just wait five minutes", which is one of the reasons I'm studying it in college.

When I'm at these two spots I do like to keep the video going, both to capture the sound of the train in the distance and to capture the peacefulness that resumes after the train departs. I needed to be patient for a few more seconds on the northbound video, I stopped it right before the horn sounded in the distance at a crossing in Bolton.

I was also at the same spot in Roxbury the last time 10004 was up in Vermont:

https://youtu.be/LKJdbd_mSJ8

Did Amtrak remove the pantograph from the Corridor Clipper?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back