Viewliner bedroom A or B next to H room?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveSFL

Lead Service Attendant
AU Supporting Member
I've found several Viewliner diagrams on the internet and some show bedroom A next to the H room and some show B next to the H room. Which is correct?

If I remember correctly, the A room is next to the H room. Shanghai was just in room B on the Silver Meteor, he will be able to tell you definitively.

Thanks, this trip is pre-new Viewliner sleepers.

Edit:

Good -- got bedroom B -- further from the end and couch *should* be facing forward (this is for the Silver Meteor).

Last edited by a moderator:
Bedroom B is lovely--I had it the only time so far I have been in a bedroom, although it was on the Silver Star (in the good old days with a dining car), but of course the same setup as the Meteor.

The couch does face forward. Also, it is nice and quiet. Although you may have neighbors in bedroom A, the other wall (where the couch is) backs onto the linen closet, which does not make any noise. :)

Edit:

Good -- got bedroom B -- further from the end and couch *should* be facing forward (this is for the Silver Meteor).
I believe with the new "summer" consist, bedroom B couches are not facing forward.

Edit:

I believe with the new "summer" consist, bedroom B couches are not facing forward.
Oh drat. Sorry, SteveSTX, I've only been down there in the winter and didn't realize summer would be different.

They had to change them back again this summer... rumor from the T&E crews was that the new baggage cars are "too light", and having them on the back was resulting in a lot of "whip" in the sleepers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back