Viewliner II - Part 1 - Initial Production and Delivery

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was sort of fun to receive my checked baggage covered in colored dirt from the states it had passed through, but I think it'll be a *lot* better to have baggage cars whose doors seal properly.

10 more baggage cars being delivered from CAF to Miami this week, five each on 97(11) and 97(12).

61011 came in on the Capitol Limited. I saw it in the yard on the 8th. Was this baggage car on the back of the Lake Shore Limited? Pretty cool to see these finally coming further west. It will be interesting to see which trains get these first.

If we can get back to getting 15 car Silver Meteor or Stars again, I will post a selfie of me kissing the tracks. With a lookout, of course, to make sure no trains are coming. :)

I'd like to take a day off to see the next move from Elmira -> Penn Station on one of the Silver Meteor but need a bit more notice. Does anyone know the next batch after the one tomorrow of 5 cars?

Thanks! My son actually shot it while I was taking pictures (that's my arm at the end), and did a heck of a job. Hopefully tonight's 97 is a little closer to on time so the light is better.

Here's train #97 with 5 viewliner baggages from Ivy city.

Last edited by a moderator:
By plan, the dining cars should be coming next, however we still have 32 baggage cars to come first. (Although it would probably be foolish to reject the possibility that there will be some overlap in delivery, especially with the first couple of each type to ensure modifications are as desired. )

I got to see 97 with the 5 new baggage cars yesterday while I was waiting for the much-delayed (so what else is new?) NJ Transit at Princeton Junction. They look beautiful! Only time I can remember being grateful for my commuter train being so late--I would have missed them otherwise!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back