Viewliner II - Part 1 - Initial Production and Delivery

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could the moderators please provide the acceptable forms that need to be filled, notarized and filed with them? I have a photo taken by a friend of mine to post. Thanks ;)
I'll admit that I may have been a tad too "formal" with my response. If it's something that you have permission to post and isn't posted elsewhere, a direct post with credit is fine. However, if it's something that's posted elsewhere, please simply link to that other post unless you have permission to repost it here. (Even then, a link back to the original post should be done.)

That being said, as soon as we hear or see something where the photo (or other content) was embedded without permission from the content owner, we will remove it. The poster is welcome to post a link to the original content even after that point for people to reference and look at.

My concern is that there are many people, both amateurs and professionals, that post online on specific platforms but do not wish for their content to be re-used beyond those platforms. Whatever the reason for doing so (monetization on specific platforms, preference on how the photo is shown or what context it's shown in, or any other reason) we need to respect that. Frankly, we don't have time to trace down every photo and ensure it makes the cut and is okay to post, which is why it's best to link to the original content if it's not one's own. In this case, when it became clear that prior permission was not given for posting the photo, we removed the photo. TylerP42, Amtrak172, or anyone else is welcome to link to the photo (or embed it again if the photo owner is okay with that.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we agree on the principles, so let us let it rest. I was just pulling your leg regarding the "formal tone".

I would just add that in the social medium environment, when a photo is posted say on Facebook in an open forum, there is relatively low risk in linking to it or even embedding it (but not uploading it into our server) with acknowledgement of origin. Again it needs to be a judgement call that can be made based on a short conversation with the poster if necessary. If there is no acknowledgement of source then it is a problem, and worthy of handling more strictly.

I'll admit that I may have been a tad too "formal" with my response. If it's something that you have permission to post and isn't posted elsewhere, a direct post with credit is fine. However, if it's something that's posted elsewhere, please simply link to that other post unless you have permission to repost it here. (Even then, a link back to the original post should be done.)
Is a link that's imbedded between img tags OK? An actual copy of the photo is still not attached to the post, nor stored at AU.

Is a link that's imbedded between img tags OK? An actual copy of the photo is still not attached to the post, nor stored at AU.
If the photo owner is okay with it, sure. Still link to the original source, though, so that people can get additional context if they wish.

8400 is looking great! I can't wait to see Phase III rolling for the first time for me (since I was born just too late to remember seeing it when I was young)

What's the likelihood of 8400 or another viewliner getting an interior set up to be used as an expanded cafe? If the Star is permanently dinerless an improved Viewliner cafe would be a good move.
It's probably been discussed by Amtrak execs and I wouldn't be surprised if some of the Viewliner II diners are actually delivered as "super cafe cars." Of course, this would mean that CAF would actually have to complete the cars and deliver them to Amtrak sometime in the next decade or so.

30days.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Cmv58lTWgU

:ph34r: Roughly.

You guys are hilarious! Ooooh! Ooooh! I'm taking the Crescent at the end of July. I hope there's a new diner on it!

Have the 25 sleeping cars been delivered yet? Where do they go? Does anyone know what they look like inside? What type of changes did they make, if any? Any pictures of the interior?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back