Viewliner II Part 2: Dining Car Production, Delivery, Speculation

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So March 2017 is nearly over; it's the month when the long delayed diners cars are supposed to start rolling. I call upon Mr. Moorman to enforce what CAF agreed to, or litigate now.
We have no idea what is happening behind the scenes, so we really can't know if litigation is necessary or prudent at this time, especially since it would likely stop all work until the courts order the work to be finished.
Agreed. If litigation is needed let it be after all the cars are delivered.

Also, there is the real possibility that a US subsidiary was created to shield the parent company from liability/responsibility, and all that might be accomplished is spending millions in court, getting a judgement, them declaring bankruptcy, shutting down and walking away, with you collecting nothing.

Many companies create a special corporation for big projects, so the main company is shielded from the big law suits. By getting into litigation now, CAF stops all work, lays off the entire staff, waits out the years until the litigation is settled. If CAF ends up with owing money and being in an impossible situation, they just exit by cutting off the corporation created just to build the Amtrak order. Amtrak ends up with a win in court, but no cars built, and the process has to start over so they have lost everything invested to date. To me, all Amtrak can do is work with CAF to hep them move forward.

The way customers protect themselves is through the use of performance bonds, but they can add considerable cost to a transaction, and disqualify some potential vendors who can not obtain the level of bonding req'd.

Agreed. If litigation is needed let it be after all the cars are delivered.
Well, that's apparently not going to be March 2017. Maybe 2018? 2020? 2025? If it's not time yet to actually go to court, might Amtrak ought to at least give a "time is of the essence" notice, to keep that option open? Or perhaps that's already been done.

I hate saying it, but March is fading fast and no one has posted any graphics vaguely hinting at that something might soon be emerging from Elmira.

Nick
Well, it isn't March but here's a graphic:

200px-Radar2.gif

This one looks good...I hope. Excelsior is standing by.

I hate saying it, but March is fading fast and no one has posted any graphics vaguely hinting at that something might soon be emerging from Elmira.

Nick

200px-Radar2.gif

What's the range on that radar? Are we talking miles or lightyears? Is it solar powered or does it run on imagination?

Nick

200px-Radar2.gif

What's the range on that radar? Are we talking miles or lightyears? Is it solar powered or does it run on imagination?

Days.....unless it's faulty...like the last time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nick

200px-Radar2.gif

I heard the delays have allowed upgrades for the VL IIs to make the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs now.

If I may take a guess, the delivery status regarding the Viewliner II cars may already be in litigation between Amtrak and CAF What else could it be that's causing month after month of delays? If a company does not or cannot ship and deliver then something is wrong.

If I may take a guess, the delivery status regarding the Viewliner II cars may already be in litigation between Amtrak and CAF What else could it be that's causing month after month of delays? If a company does not or cannot ship and deliver then something is wrong.
Could be staffing issues, or a supplier failing their obligations, or any number of other things.

Nick

200px-Radar2.gif

I heard the delays have allowed upgrades for the VL IIs to make the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs now.
Finally someone who doesn't say 14 parsecs! Lol!!! :lol:

Wish you all would quit posting this crap.
And your comment does no good. Those "crap" posts. Whatever they are will keep coming up. So I'm English. Deal with it. ;)

Steve4031, there's a nice little feature in AU that you can use if you think posts are inappropriate. It's the Report feature. Try it, you might like it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back