Viewliner roomette toilet - are guys supposed to stand or sit?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TimSpencer

Train Attendant
A quick question about Viewliner roomette toilets...

Do most guys stand or sit when they use it?

I spent a dozen years in Germany and I have been conditioned to sit down and pee.

At first my German girlfriend demanded it... then I got used to it. More relaxing

sitting down, especially after a night of drinking and having to pee at 4AM with my

eyes barely open.

Yeah, this has been a problem as long as I've been riding the rails. When I was 8 years old, a long long time ago, on the 20th Century it was a problem.

Last year on the Tokaido shinkansen, also a problem - but the high-walled urinal and the -relative- steadiness helped a bit.

Standing - control problems with the shifting gravity and the train lurching --

Sitting - better control.

"Long range attack from the upper" Oly - you've got to be kidding :giggle:

I'm not a guy so I don't have to make a choice but......

PLEASE guys.....

Please SIT no matter what kind of car or accommodation you're in, Sleeper, bedroom or roomette or Coach.

It won't diminish your manliness in any manner but it will make for a much nicer environment in the restrooms and it's really the considerate thing to do.

I can't tell you how many times I've had to throw water on the area around the seat and the floor near the toilet and mop up with wads of paper towels because of those who insist on standing, miss the mark and leave the cleaning of the resulting mess up to others - ugh.

I once asked my boyfriend, "How on earth do you pee on the train?"

His response was, "Very carefully."

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="OlympianHiawatha" data-cid="439769" data-time="1368336722"><p>

What about trying a long range attack from the Upper? :unsure: :giggle: :lol: </p></blockquote>

#1 or #2??

I'll stand at station stops. Just remember to close curtains. For some it might be hard to sit when the bunk is down.

When gf and I traveled on a viewliner, and she had the lower birth, I walked up to the nearest coach restroom which was on the other side of the diner.

If the public toilets on the trains are any indication, men should sit as a rule, it is awful to walk into a bathroom with pee all over the floor in front of the toilet, so I can just imagine what the seat next to the viewliner toilet would be like.

I agree with "June the coach rider".

Both men and women need to sit down when use a toilet.

I am too German, that how I was told as a young one. That how I roll as a old one. Now I just have to remember to close the curtain, and I will be all set.

Yeah, women who "hover" sometimes miss as often as guys, and the reason they hover is to avoid contact with a messy seat, sooooo... :p Knock it off. Or, just use toilet paper to line the seat.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Sorcha" data-cid="439968" data-time="1368408744"><p>

Yeah, women who "hover" sometimes miss as often as guys, and the reason they hover is to avoid contact with a messy seat, sooooo... :p Knock it off. Or, just use toilet paper to line the seat.</p></blockquote>

Agree!

Yeah, women who "hover" sometimes miss as often as guys, and the reason they hover is to avoid contact with a messy seat, sooooo... :p Knock it off. Or, just use toilet paper to line the seat.
Agree also

Does Amtrak provide disposable toilet seat covers like they do on airlines?

If not, I'm definitely going to bring some. :)

http://www.amazon.com/Charmin-To-Go-Toilet-5-Count/dp/B004I58E7E/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1368412855&sr=8-3&keywords=toilet+seat+cover

91EDguZ1pAL._SY450_AA450_PIbundle-24,TopRight,0,0_AA450_SH20_.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back