Viewliner Roomette upper bunk question...

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the upper bunk in the Viewliner, and I always sleep there, whether I am with Hubby or alone! If I'm alone, it's nice to be able to leave my "office" set up "downstairs." The climb is not bad. Footholds are large, and there are grab bars where you need them. I am 5'1", and have no trouble reaching the hand-holds. The view from the upper bunk is superior, you only have to roll over and tug the curtain back just enough to peek out and see where the train is stopping in the middle of the night, then you fall right back to sleep.The "sway" some people complain about is just like a gentle rocking to me. I'm almost always awake a lot of the first night of any train trip, but after that (even if my return is three weeks later), the body remembers and likes it.
This is precisely my thinking! And we're the same height, so that's encouraging. I'm going to try it!

Hubby thinks I'm crazy for not flying down to Florida with him, but hey, I've got a ton of rewards points to spend from last year's cross-country trip. I'm leaving a day before he does so we can arrive at similar times, and I can't wait.
default_smile.png

Back