Voucher Q

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimePeace

Disillusioned.
I know my voucher is not transferable - but may I buy tickets for myself and a companion on the same train?

Sure.

And while you may not be able to transfer a voucher, I'm pretty sure that you can use to buy tickets for someone else even if you're not traveling with them.

Thanks Alan.

I only have until June 26 to use this $400 voucher I got last June after the huge Western flooding that kept me in CA an extra week. I've got a trip BOS-ABQ and back reserved for early May - but I might have to cancel it. The return portion of the trip is on points so I will get them back. Maybe I can still use the voucher in June and take my girlfriend BOS-ALB via NYP to see friends in Albany , then ALB-BOS on the LSL - all in coach.

Best to you

Sure.

And while you may not be able to transfer a voucher, I'm pretty sure that you can use to buy tickets for someone else even if you're not traveling with them.
Hmmm. It is beginning to look like I may not be able to use this voucher before it expires in mid-June. What is the practicality/ethics of offering it up here and purchasing ticket(s) for someone else so that it's not wasted? Maybe someone would transfer some AGR points to my account in return? Otherwise, I'd hate to see this $400 evaporate!

Remember that even though the voucher expires in (say) June, you do not have to TRAVEL by June - you just have to REDEEM THE VOUCHER by June!
excl.gif

Because you can reserve up to 11 months in advance, you can use that voucher in May to buy tickets for a trip in October! Or even next March!
smile.gif
Just as long as you redeem it by the expiration date!
biggrin.gif

Remember that even though the voucher expires in (say) June, you do not have to TRAVEL by June - you just have to REDEEM THE VOUCHER by June!
excl.gif

Because you can reserve up to 11 months in advance, you can use that voucher in May to buy tickets for a trip in October! Or even next March!
smile.gif
Just as long as you redeem it by the expiration date!
biggrin.gif
Really! Now that is great news... excellent in fact... thank you sir! Changes the entire picture. Not that I'd doubt your word, but is this for sure??

My experience: had a voucher coming up to expiration but no travel plans. Bought a cheap ticket (fare < value of voucher) and received a new voucher for the change. The new voucher has an expiration date 1 year from the date of travel on the cheap ticket. Nice, cheap way to extend the life of the voucher.

Yes! I just called and confirmed all this.

Traveler, I apologize for questioning your vast knowledge and experience!

Once again the forums come through big time. Thanks all.

Back