Walking to Giordano's

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hello

Lead Service Attendant
We are planning on walking to Giordano's during layover in CHI this fall ... however, when I Google walking directions it gives me 3 different options. It does say that some routes may be missing sidewalks/pedestrian walkways, but it doesn't say WHICH routes ... which route would be the easiest/safest to walk?

Well I just made the walk yesterday so maybe I can help.

Exit on to Canal street take a right and walk to Jackson BLVD. Walk across the bridge and it will be on the right side of the street.

Whether you turn right or left on Canal depends on which exit you use. If you're going up the escalator (from the ticket counter area) and out onto Canal, you'd turn left, not right.

There is also an exit onto Jackson St. at the river.

Thank you, that route made the most sense ... I didn't know if there were barriers that we could not cross, and that was why they offered 2 other routes. This WILL be the route we take in October!

Thank you, that route made the most sense ... I didn't know if there were barriers that we could not cross, and that was why they offered 2 other routes. This WILL be the route we take in October!
Jackson Street Bridge had been closed for a while but may be open again. Especially if Stephen just walked across it. The restaurant is on the south side of the street going east after you pass the Sears tower.

Jackson has been open since April. Even when the roadway was closed, it was always open for pedestrians.

The station is also a short walk from Greektown. There are many terrific restaurants there. The Greek Isle is our favorite and never disappoints. You have all kinds of things around Union Station, like Starbucks, the station foodcourt, and area restaurants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back