Website shows trains "negative" full

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TaseMeBro

Service Attendant
AU Supporting Member
If this is a known glitch, and I've just never noticed it before, my apologies.

Any idea what's happening in the screencapture attached? Played around with a couple trains on that route today and tomorrow, and they're showing negative full percentages.
NegativeFull.JPG

• Not only is nobody on the train but there are people out there who are shorting Amtrak ticket stock!
  • Those with passes don't even want to travel on that train.
  • The crew have bailed too!
  • An Amtrak executive tried the onboard food and said it was even worse than flex food.
  • The odds of the train running are less than zero according to the bookies.
  • Remember that recent earthquake? That's where the train is disappeared.
  • They won't find the train until the snow thaws in June.
  • Omicron can be caught by a train. That one wasn't vaccinated.
  • The Chargers were playing the P42s and they lost the game.
Take your pick as to the correct answer. Winner gets two free tickets on the train. Second place is 4 tickets.
:)

Take your pick as to the correct answer. Winner gets two free tickets on the train. Second place is 4 tickets.

If there's a train lost in the snow on the coast between San Diego and LA, we've got bigger things to worry about.

Love the list, though.

I tried real hard to think of something positive. What if they have found some extra coaches and are selling the space but haven't updated the consist in the reservation program?

The PDX<>SEA corridor shows trains sold out when they get to 90% capacity.

I previously recall seeing %Full numbers only in increments of 5 digits (0, 5, 10, 15, 20%, etc). Those shown as negative in Post #1 have 1 and 4 as their least significant digit.

Because those %Full numbers for today do fit my observed norm, suspect those -4% and -11% numbers were due to a square electron getting temporarily stuck in one of Arrows PN junctions. Amtrak probably hocked their square electron filters as an economy measure.

I previously recall seeing %Full numbers only in increments of 5 digits (0, 5, 10, 15, 20%, etc). Those shown as negative in Post #1 have 1 and 4 as their least significant digit.

Because those %Full numbers for today do fit my observed norm, suspect those -4% and -11% numbers were due to a square electron getting temporarily stuck in one of Arrows PN junctions. Amtrak probably hocked their square electron filters as an economy measure.

Yeah, exactly what I was thinking! /s

I tried real hard to think of something positive. What if they have found some extra coaches and are selling the space but haven't updated the consist in the reservation program?

The PDX<>SEA corridor shows trains sold out when they get to 90% capacity.
Why?

• Not only is nobody on the train but there are people out there who are shorting Amtrak ticket stock!
  • Those with passes don't even want to travel on that train.
  • The crew have bailed too!
  • An Amtrak executive tried the onboard food and said it was even worse than flex food.
  • The odds of the train running are less than zero according to the bookies.
  • Remember that recent earthquake? That's where the train is disappeared.
  • Omicron can be caught by a train. That one wasn't vaccinated.
  • The Chargers were playing the P42s and they lost the game.
I love you sometimes. 😂😂😂

😄

I think this is it, actually. Looking at far-out dates on the Pacific Surfliner, a bunch of trains are showing -13% full - so either going from 7 to 8 cars or from 8 to 9 cars (my lazy math skills can't quite pin down which.)

1640304587093.png

Back