Wedding Ceremony in Grand Central Terminal

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

jis

Chief Dispatcher
Staff member
Administator
Gathering Team Member
It seems genuinely strange that they would restrict Vanderbilt Hall rentals to "anything but weddings". That makes no sense whatsoever. I mean, I guess I could rent it for a commitment ceremony ?!?! An anniversary? A funeral? Excluding weddings makes no sense for that room.
There may be a background story we are missing about some rowdy entitled wedding group, and there could be many such in New York, that decided to do something horrific. I don't know for sure. Just a guess. And then the managers decided to nip the potential troubles in the bud as they sometimes are wont to.

NorthShore

Conductor
It seems genuinely strange that they would restrict Vanderbilt Hall rentals to "anything but weddings". That makes no sense whatsoever. I mean, I guess I could rent it for a commitment ceremony ?!?! An anniversary? A funeral? Excluding weddings makes no sense for that room.
I'd like to have my funeral at a train station, followed by a funeral train to the cemetery.

Seaboard92

Engineer
What about a whole car. You could rent out a whole car on the Hudson River Wine Train which is the New York Central Hickory Creek and NYC 43 on the back of an Amtrak Empire Service. Then you get a train ride, food, and an amazing location. I think if you just bought all the tickets out on the car that would work.

Ah, LOVE! (Of trains.)

You know what the Catholic priests say, "We marry 'em and bury 'em!"
Reminds me of the old joke about Anglicans that they go to church 3 times in their life - their christening, their wedding, and their funeral πŸ˜€

At Seashore Trolley Museum in Maine where I volunteer, we have had several trolley weddings at the park located at the end of our line where the bride and groom arrive in separate trolley cars, tie the knot then a reception at one of our car barns.

NorthShore

Conductor
Reminds me of the old joke about Anglicans that they go to church 3 times in their life - their christening, their wedding, and their funeral πŸ˜€

At Seashore Trolley Museum in Maine where I volunteer, we have had several trolley weddings at the park located at the end of our line where the bride and groom arrive in separate trolley cars, tie the knot then a reception at one of our car barns.
So they "couple?"

Also applies to Scandinavians....

If Amtrak is going to use GCT, can we talk about Amtrak food in this thread? We do it in all the other threads!
What's a wedding without catering?
I think OP already brought food into it by mentioning the management referring her to the restaurants and their responses on the catering front.

What about it AMTRAK catered the wedding - what a great PR stunt that would be!

joelkfla

Conductor

I hope they return on one car. ;)

Devil's Advocate

β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Ž
Flex menu at a wedding! That would be something! πŸ€ͺ
Amtrak is now introducing a new Flexible Spouse service. Choose from blondies or brownies in both cold and overheated varieties.