Weird email from Amtrak with voucher

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oreius

OBS Chief
I got an email from Amtrak about my upcoming Florida trip on 9/28. They sent me my ticket for #600, but I already had that portion booked months ago! Times have not changed. Amtrak also “magically” gave me a travel voucher for $17. What’s up with this?

I got an email from Amtrak about my upcoming Florida trip on 9/28. They sent me my ticket for #600, but I already had that portion booked months ago! Times have not changed. Amtrak also “magically” gave me a travel voucher for $17. What’s up with this?
One trip Amtrak re-issued my emailed ticket 3 times. Never figured out why for two of them, but the final ticket, the arrival time of one segment changed by about 5 or 10 minutes. Same date, departure times, train numbers and roomette numbers on all three. It later occurred to me that maybe there was some change to the schedule for some of the intermediate stops, but nothing that affected me directly. I just attributed it to "It's Amtrak, Jake."

Maybe there was a fare difference, and Amtrak was looking out for me. The ticket originally stated “One UNRESERVED Coach Seat. Now, it says “One Coach Seat.” Are the Keystones still reserved??

Back