What a relaxing way to spend the day...

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cristobal

Lead Service Attendant
Took a little trip today on 4 different trains. I sat in 3 different style coach cars including an old Superliner that they are using on the Capitol Corridor as a cafe car (downstairs). I also had a chance to check out a real cafe car (upstairs) with some neat little booths and cool little swivel chairs next to some small cresent shaped tables against the windows. It was a good day. :)

Although I've been this route a few times before I didn't realize until I got off at Jack London Square for lunch that the train goes right down the middle of main street. :blink:

4415041705_dace050677_b.jpg

Dang it, I'm in the North Bay, and I need to do some of this too.

Tell me more details about where you went, what you saw, etc.

We need a SF Bay Area AUer's run.

Aloha

I am not certain but I think the train is in front of the hotel I stayed at for the OTOL NoCal Fest.

Dang it, I'm in the North Bay, and I need to do some of this too.
Tell me more details about where you went, what you saw, etc.

I'll be happy to do that if the mods will move this thread to the proper sub-forum. ;)

YES! Anyone got time this week while that winter promotion is still in effect? I have errands in the East Bay, need a day's notice to get down ...
I gotta work all week but that promotion is exactly what prompted my multi-city trip yesterday. :cool:

Aloha
I am not certain but I think the train is in front of the hotel I stayed at for the OTOL NoCal Fest.
That is the Jack London Inn that is being obscured by the train (which is headed 'backwards' towards Sacramento). It's not one I was on but just happened by when I finished lunch at Hahn's Hibachi right there on the corner. The Oakland-Jack London station is just a couple of blocks back the other direction.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like fun! Cristobal, tell us what trains/routes you were on. I was on those tracks (in a car, looking for parking) while in JL Square for a Tall Ship event last month. Fortunately there were no trains on the tracks at that time but I later heard trains. I could get a Thruway bus at Rohnert Park and get to Martinez, catch the train there. My wife always likes to hit the fabric shops in Berkeley.

Jeremy

Sounds like fun! Cristobal, tell us what trains/routes you were on. I was on those tracks (in a car, looking for parking) while in JL Square for a Tall Ship event last month. Fortunately there were no trains on the tracks at that time but I later heard trains. I could get a Thruway bus at Rohnert Park and get to Martinez, catch the train there. My wife always likes to hit the fabric shops in Berkeley.
Jeremy
Hey Jeremy, maybe we can hook up, I'm just over in Petaluma.

Hey Jeremy, maybe we can hook up, I'm just over in Petaluma.
I'm on Petaluma Hill Rd just east of Rohnert Park.

I just checked the schedule, not sure what trains Cristobal took.

Jeremy
I'm actually north of Petaluma, near the Washoe House. I usually use the PTC Petaluma Amtrak bus pickup, Rohnert Park may be nearer but my son lives in Petaluma and is good for rides.

YES! Anyone got time this week while that winter promotion is still in effect? I have errands in the East Bay, need a day's notice to get down ...
Looks like I'm going to be in NorCal making a couple of point runs on Friday and maybe even tomorrow evening, depending on when the Zephyr gets into EMY. But I'm running low on funds and my last segment on Friday has to get me back home to Fresno, so I can't spend the full $50 on bay area train rides. I'd be happy to join you on a couple of segments, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back