What do you like to wear overnight on the train?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bluemwa

Train Attendant
On my last trip in Dec I just used my Under Armour thermals that I wear underneath my regular clothes (gotta love the WY winter). However, that is not what I can wear while riding in coach (which is my next trip in early March) or things just might get awkward with my seatmate. :ph34r: So I wanted to see what is everybody's preferred attire is to sleep in or at least try to sleep in?

If I am in coach, I generally wear comfy sweatpants/yoga pants and a comfy sweatshirt. If I am in a sleeper, I wear my jammies.

Last edited by a moderator:
If in coach I wear a pair of shorts with a t-shirt and booty type socks. In sleepers I sleep in about the same thing but keep my shoes under the bunk so I can slip them on to walk to the bathroom.

A cowgirl hat and and construction vest.

Seriously, though, you should really be fine in sweatpants, gym shorts, jeans, or pajamas.

Cowgirl hat AND a construction vest, what a combination!!! I would dearly love to see that! :lol:

Yeah, I'll probably end up wearing yoga pants and a sweatshirt and maybe the thermals under it if it's really cold. I'm just always curious about what other people wear.

I am typically warm on Amtrak. Coach would be my street clothes, sleeper would be basketball shorts and either a sport jersey or t shirt.

I like to wear comfortable casual clothes while on the train. Usually shorts and a decent button up shirt or a t-shirt with some sort of train theme. It also depends on the destination and transfer points, like on our trip to Florida last year I had my sunshine clothes on on the train, but we had a layover in Chicago. So I put my warmer clothes on just outside of Chi. and kept them on until we departed RVR except when I slept. I wear a comfortable pair of shoes that are easy to kick off once I get in the room, and easy to slip on to go get coffee or juice or go to the SSL. Now for my upcoming trip to Portland I will definetly have the long johns handy.

We need TeddyGirl to come out of the woodwork and answer this question.!!!

I wear my Phillies pajamas and a under armor or nike shirt.. I'm always in a Sleeper.. I can't do coach as it would be impossible for me to sleep. If I don't sleep then my body shuts down after 10am. Not to mention I leave from PHL and I get to use the CA when booked in a Sleeper. There's many perks to the Sleepers. I take advantage of them! :)

Wear something? :ph34r:

My back permits me to only ride overnight lying in a horizontal position. Last time I did coach overnight, 20 years ago, it ached for the next two weeks. I pack a t-shirt and sweat pants just for bedtime.

Coach: T-shirt and sweat pants. I *hate* sleeping in regular clothes, especially jeans.

Sleeper: Pajamas (flannel or cotton, depending on the season).

I love going in my pajamas, but since the long distance route I use the most is NY to Florida, which has hundreds of grade crossings, I stay in my clothes in case we hit a vehicle and I have to get out of a room that's on it's side.

I always Travel in Levi 501s (most comfortable Jean ever!You youngsters ask your parents and grandparents! :lol: ). Depending on the time of year, Ill have a T- shirt or Long Sleeve Shirt, layer up and take a Fleece Jacket/Gloves/etc.(I hear you Penny but no Snow Boots! :lol: ) I always wear my Amtrak Hat. Footwear is Nike Sandals for Nights and T- Shoes otherwise. (I prefer Reebook)Like the others, at Night in Sleepers I wear Shorts and T-Shirt, in the Winter Sweat Pants and Long Sleeve T.

On the Special Occasion (Rare!)of being invited to the the_travelers Penthouse ,I wear a tux! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Since we always book a sleeper, (most often a bedroom), we just go to bed in medium weight,long sleeve, long pant P.J.'s. That's usually sufficient for a wide variety of temperature variations. If its cold a pair of heavy socks go on, which BTW make a big difference. If its warm we just roll down the blanket to our waist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back