What does grey mean

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dn4192

Service Attendant
Was checking out the status of the Penn train last night and before it reached PGH it turned grey in color. I know what Green and Yellow and Red mean in terms of delay, but what does it mean when the train number is Grey?

Was checking out the status of the Penn train last night and before it reached PGH it turned grey in color. I know what Green and Yellow and Red mean in terms of delay, but what does it mean when the train number is Grey?
If you're talking about WiTronix, grey means out of communication. Bad signal or something.

If you're talking about WiTronix, grey means out of communication. Bad signal or something.
Doubt he's talking about WiTronix, since that's not available to the public. Probably talking about Amtrak Status Maps.

If you're talking about Amtrak Status Maps, then grey means that the train is "overdue". If you've chosen a different color option, the "overdue" train would show up as RYG, but flashing.

From the "FAQS" for overdue:

This means that the train hasn't been reported at the next station, for at least an hour after it's due, taking reported lateness into account. This doesn't necessarily mean that the train is losing time. It might simply be late reporting. On the other hand, it really could be losing time. It's best to check with Amtrak directly to be sure.

jb

Depends on the circumstances:

• If you saw it live, it means you need to see an ophthalmologist ASAP as the rods and cones in your eyes have gone out. And, no, neither a fishing store nor an ice cream shop can help you.
  • if you were watching TV, it is time to get rid of that 1960s tube model and get an LCD color one. Prices have come down.
  • If it was in a photo, change the setting to RGB instead of greyscale..
  • If it was in a movie, search wikipedia for the words "film noir".
  • If it was on your computer, right click on the desktop, select and change the color settings back to their default.
  • If it occurred while wearing 3D glasses, tell your kids you didn't think it was very funny that they substituted special ones for the ones you usually wear.
  • If it occurred just before the train disappeared, look outside for fast moving flashing lights and report your sightings to Erich Von Däniken or a UFO researcher.
  • If you saw a little man painting the train while it was moving, do NOT call the police unless you want to be committed for psychological evaluation.

Depends on the circumstances:

• If you saw it live, it means you need to see an ophthalmologist ASAP as the rods and cones in your eyes have gone out. And, no, neither a fishing store nor an ice cream shop can help you.
  • if you were watching TV, it is time to get rid of that 1960s tube model and get an LCD color one. Prices have come down.
  • If it was in a photo, change the setting to RGB instead of greyscale..
  • If it was in a movie, search wikipedia for the words "film noir".
  • If it was on your computer, right click on the desktop, select and change the color settings back to their default.
  • If it occurred while wearing 3D glasses, tell your kids you didn't think it was very funny that they substituted special ones for the ones you usually wear.
  • If it occurred just before the train disappeared, look outside for fast moving flashing lights and report your sightings to Erich Von Däniken or a UFO researcher.
  • If you saw a little man painting the train while it was moving, do NOT call the police unless you want to be committed for psychological evaluation.
When I went to the store the other day to compare TVs, I start looking at the TVs and wouldn't you know it, they were showing "The Artist". Now, how as I to compare the pictures/colors when they're showing a black & white movie? :help:

Actually, they all looked good to my non-discriminating eyes (or maybe they're just old eyes :blush: ).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back