What does your Forum User Name mean?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a series of silly short stories in college about a land called Kanadia and the empress of this tiny island. It was fun to dress up as the Empress and read excerpts at the college writing awards ceremonies... hence, I am the E(mpress) of K(anadia).
blush.gif
(nerd)

Piperdriver----I am a pilot and the plane that I soloed in was a PIPER Cherokee. That was in 1987. since then I have been partial to Piper aircraft. Kind of a Ford, Chevy thing among pilots. Most of my hours have been in Piper planes----therefore Piperdriver--

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, what a great 1st post on AU for me, My name is the nickname and later the offical name for a group of 7 motors used by the Rio Grande and Southern in Colorado between 1930 and 1950. My mom and grandma would ride them between small mountian towns. All but one of the geese still exist and most are in working condition. #3 is used at Knotts berry farm during the winter and # 2, 6 and 7 live at the Colorado railroad museum in Golden. My own rail-buff backround started on the CZ Den-Glenwood springs run in the 80s, then a trip from San Deigo to Portland and then back across to Denver on the old Pioneer(92). Ive also had the wonder of riding behind UP steam, both 3985 and 844 when it was 844-4. I made an eastbound passage on CZ through Glenwood canyon to Denver (3/2010) just after the big rock slide and I am planning a day trip or so, on the Texas Eagle soon. I'm looking foward to my membership on AU

I have never tired of the name "dude" . Hey dude! Sup dude! Where is it at dude! Where r da dudettes?

So, since the first Amtrak train I was on was the California Zepher, hence the handle zepherdude, misspelled of course!

This is always a fun topic to explore:

My family always tells me I vacation like a maniac. On a family vacation to Canada, we tried Geocaching for the first time and my children lovingly awarded me the "Crazy Man" award. When I created my geocaching name, it seemed a logical fit. As it is memorable, I've started using it other places.

:rolleyes:

So, since the first Amtrak train I was on was the California Zepher, hence the handle zepherdude, misspelled of course!
Right on dude!
biggrin.gif

Where r da dudettes?
I wish there were more dudettes on AU!
tongue.gif
Hey Dude, I never checked back! Tanks for the return message! I realize the name dude as been gone for a while, but I will always be Da Dude and always checkin fer Da Dudetts! See ya around!

It's the train I've taken most often, the Hoosier State. I used to take it round trip every few months to see friends in Chicago. Of course now living in DC I'll be taking it less often....

Hi- My Forum name is easy to figure out as I am a Train Fan who lives in New England. Have been traveling on Amtrak for the past twenty years- have done 6 cross-country trips.

I'm an Amtrak supporter, belong to TrainRiders Northeast, and enjoy learning about our trains and sharing trip reports with others.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine was our first dog that we had when I got computer friendly or the computer got friendly with me. LOL

Mine is in memory of The Northwest's Own Railroad, the Spokane, Portland, and Seattle. Which, although it did run between Spokane and Portland, never made it to Seattle :p

My hubby's nickname was LAbeeman (LA for Louisiana), so therefore I had to have the female version, hence Labeelady. (Hubby is a beekeeper).

I am from the Cleveland area, so I picked the first train that we will ever step foot on in a few months. (Can't wait!!)

:lol:

Back