What does your Forum User Name mean?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm blue whenever I'm not aboard Amtrak!
laugh.gif
Or whenever I arrive "home" from my trip!
mosking.gif

Mine should be easy to you folks who are probably familiar with city abbreviations.

bobnabq = Bob in Albuquerque

hhswami... A Hilton Head, SC resident for over 24 years is the reason for the "hh" and have had the nickname "Swami" since 1993 when I was the only one in a large NCAA Mens Basketball Championship office pool to pick the #15 seed Santa Clara upset of #2 seeded Arizona. Could have ended up with a lot worse nickname, so I didn't mind it sticking!

My name just sort of seemed to fit... I worked as a locomotive manufacturing field rep and field engineer (among various positions) for about thirty 30 years and retired. I often thought I was crazy to work for one company for this long, therefore the "loco" part of locomotive -- a crazy (loco) reason (motive) to remain employed. It also stemmed from a joke I love which is now my byline; "What is the definition of locomotive? An insane reason to commit a crime!". Telling this joke earned me the label among friends as the "Loco-Man from 'xyz' " (former company name) which evolved into being the locomotive maniac man, and combined down to Loco-Man-iac! My tail had been sufficiently pinned onto my donkey with a rusty needle!! BTW -- like many others out there I now work for Amtrak.

Last edited by a moderator:
No secret as to what my name means. We lost our last "steel wheels" train down here back in 2004. I probably should be Deland Mike or Palatka Mike; those are my "home" stations for S/B or N/B trips, as I refuse to ride an Ambus.

No secret as to what my name means. We lost our last "steel wheels" train down here back in 2004. I probably should be Deland Mike or Palatka Mike; those are my "home" stations for S/B or N/B trips, as I refuse to ride an Ambus.
Not sure why I came in as a guest. Maybe I forgot to sign in. Anyway, the above post might be a little clearer if my User Name showed up.

Ocala Mike

Welcome Mike. When I was in college in Gainesville in the 1970's, the train stopped in Waldo. Right now, I live 3 miles from the Orlando station and it s very convenient. :)

I mentioned in another thread we should have a thread with this title. I have already been PM'd asking me to start it. So, I'll go first.

MrFSS is short for Mr Financial Settlement Services. That is a subsidiary company of the big company I retired from a few years ago. We only had a few employees in our little group, and to many of my customers I was know as = MrFSS. It stuck and I keep using it today. Haven't worked there in a few years, but I still hear from folks now and then.

So, if you have a story as to why you have the user name you use and want to share it, this is the place!

Tom
name and airport code

EMDF9A. What can say, its my favorite locomotive. An F9 pulled the first train I rode. My grandfathers & several other family members worked on them. The first locomotive I was ever in the cab of was an NP F9 at the Auburn diesel house. I have a model that I detailed and painted in NP freight colors on my desk. In other forums I also use TrainguyNCL... North Coast Limited. You can see where my loyalties lie. (That reminds me.. it time to bake NP fruitcake for the holiday season!)

David

Seattle

Back