What is the difference between a Lead Service Attendant and a Train Se

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brystar41

Train Attendant
Howdy yall its me Brylove7 the guy who started the thread about appling for Amtrak, well i recently saw in the Job Boards of Amtrak's site that there is Lead Service Attendant and Train Service Attendant.

I am curious on what is the difference of LSA, and TSA, or are they the same?

A TSA are the servers in the Dining Car. A LSA can be either in the Dining or café/lounge Car, and is the only one who can handle cash/payments. That is why in the Dining Car and you try to pay the server, they say "... ______will be right over".

Ohhhh!!!!!!, Ok LSA handles payments and TSA serves as well but are much more restricted.

Another thing are both TSA and LSA go into the different Coach, Superliner and Sleeper cars as well or is that something else?

The job of TSA Train Service Attendant as post for the Florida crew base is a catch all position. You may be working a Coach, Sleeper, or as a Dining Car Waiter.

The Lead Service Attendent position work with cash both in the lounge car and dinning car, but not on the same run.

Not sure what your asking about in your second post. I would think a point run north on the silver trains might be in order.

The job codes are LSA, SA, TAS & TAC.

LSA - Lead Service Attendant

SA - Service Attendant

TAS - Train Attendant Sleeper

TAC - Train Attendant Coach

When you are hired and work the extra board, you are trained in coach, sleeper and diner crafts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back