What train is this? (on the famous 11'8" bridge in Durham, NC)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"It is a NCDOT/Amtrak Piedmont."

@jis: How do you know? I am not questioning your knowledge, I just want to learn.
That equipment is owned by the state of North Carolina and only used normally for the Piedmont service.

Easy to fix. Just fine each person who hits the bridge $5000 & put the money into a dedicated fund. That way. 108 ? That would already be $500,000. Can soon make the required match for federal funds.

To fine someone that much money -- which is way above the default maximum for traffic infractions under NC state law -- you'll have to get a specific offense created by the General Assembly... or convince a DA and a probably skeptical judge that it's reckless driving, which is still a class 2 misdemeanor and limited to $1000.

Last edited by a moderator:
"It is a NCDOT/Amtrak Piedmont."

@jis: How do you know? I am not questioning your knowledge, I just want to learn.
From being familiar with the equipment that is used by NCDOT on Piedmonts, and their unique livery. Others have also covered these and other aspects that makes it quite obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back