Whats it like???

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Karly

Ok so i ride for the first time on amtrak this week and i want to know if its comfy etc........i can't seem to find pics of the interior.

its for 5 hours so......is it comfy???

Karly,

I moved your post from the Commuter RR forum over here to the Amtrak forum, where it belongs. Plus more people will see it over here and perhaps respond.

Personally I find most Amtrak trains to be comfortable. In general the seats are more roomy than most airlines offer, they recline further than airline seats also. Additionally all seats are in pairs, unlike many planes that have 3 seats together, such that you might have to climb over 2 other people, just to go to the bathroom.

We however could probably tell your more, if we knew what train you were going to be traveling on. If you aren't sure what train it is, then simply tell us what station you are leaving from and what station you are going to. We can then figure it out and perhaps give you more information on just what type of train you will be riding on. :)

Generally speaking, the seats are much more comfortable, especially if you're my height (6'1). I've found the seats much more comfortable than the airline seats, unless you're attempting to sleep overnight - then, a sleeper is much more preferable.

On your trip, you will encou8nter a cross-section of American society, and the atmosphere is more social than any trip you've ever taken by air. Just remember that if you're polite to others, they'll probably reciprocate for the most part. Other things to remeber: Amtrak doesn't "own" most of its tracks, they're owned by the private fireight RRs. The fireight railroads also do their own traffic control, which they have to pay entirly out of their own pockets. So, some railroads will give preference to their own trains over Amtrak.

What train will you be on? If it is one of the long distance western trains, that can also be a factor in the comfort levels, depending upon the equipment assigned.

Other than that, best wishes on your first trip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back