When does your credit card get charged?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am making reservations for train travel from Buffalo to Albany then on to NYP then back to BUF via LSL and am wondering if I make my reservations today and secure by a credit card when does ky credit card get charged since I will not need the tickets until October however there is a real good rate on a sleeper car back to BUF

Credit card and signature debit card is authorized for the full amount at the time of purchase. PIN Debit hits your account immediately upon authorization.

I am making reservations for train travel from Buffalo to Albany then on to NYP then back to BUF via LSL and am wondering if I make my reservations today and secure by a credit card when does ky credit card get charged since I will not need the tickets until October however there is a real good rate on a sleeper car back to BUF
It gets charged immediately whether you get the tickets right then or not. However, you can hold most reservations for 7 days without payment if you do it with an agent.

Last edited by a moderator:
It gets charged immediately whether you get the tickets right then or not. However, you can hold most reservations for 7 days without payment if you do it with an agent.
I would agree except that some times they will only hold reservations for three days before you have to pay.

I would agree except that some times they will only hold reservations for three days before you have to pay.
It actually varries from 1 to 7 days depending on the train and how sold out it is and when you're booking in relation to when your date of travel is.

Note that if you cancel, it takes a few days for the credits to appear on your account. Charges are instantaneous - credits take a while. Probably the banks that pull those shenanigans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back