When to pay for tickets

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PJnVA

Train Attendant
I am l pretty new to Amtrak travel and reservations and I am confused. :unsure: I booked a round trip ticket for two in July for travel starting in October via the phone. These tickets are to be used in conjunction with another AGR reservation. I received an email confirmation and this is what is said...

Reservation Number Is XXXXXX

Subject To Cancellation Unless Purchased By October X, 2012 (date of travel)

I took that to mean I do not need to pay for these tickets until just before travel in October. Now I am reading a lot about reservations being cancelled. Am I in danger of losing these tickets? I would like to also mention that over half of the price is being paid for by a travel voucher issued because a a major delay from my trip in March. Should I call and pay for these tickets or should I stop into WAS and pay and pick up tickets?

Thanx for any insight you can provide.

I would call Amtrak just to be certain when you have to pay for the paid portion. Normally they give you 7 days before they cancel it. But seeing it is connected to a AGR ticket and also you are using a voucher, they may have made an exception. Better to be safe then sorry and find out your reservation was canceled!
excl.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back