Where to find Amtrak Alerts and Notices

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not that I am aware of.
I am not that deep into all the social media but it would be good it there is one way to post to Facebook, Threads, X, Mastodon, Reddit and a few others I an mot even aware of with one click form one employee. Amtrak can't keep up with all of them but some of that is just the time it takes to cut and paste and update.

So are you saying that Amtrak is still posting the information as Tweets and that you can see them if you are logged onto Twitter/X, but that Amtrak is not posting them (for whatever reason) on its Service Alerts page?

It seems like it would be better if they would post them directly on the Service Alerts page and forget about Twitter/X.

jb
IMG_0958.jpeg
Note it says “No tweet(s) found”. The alerts on their webpage are just links to the Tweeter/X alerts. If you don’t have an X account, like me, you can’t see them.

I have been using the ?Netter? option someone posted though it’s not perfect.

I am not that deep into all the social media but it would be good it there is one way to post to Facebook, Threads, X, Mastodon, Reddit and a few others I an mot even aware of with one click form one employee. Amtrak can't keep up with all of them but some of that is just the time it takes to cut and paste and update.
They are all competitors, and each wants you to log on to their own site so that they can show you ads and track you. If some outsider created a tool like that, they would be shut down pretty quickly.

Yes. I am seeing them in my X account.

In their infinite wisdom Amtrak's crack team of IT experts set things up so that they depend on the largesse of Musk to provide free access to things managed by his X in order to populate Amtrak's own Alerts page. Brilliant move for which they are paying now. :) You get exactly what you pay for I suppose.
It wasn't Elon at the time; Twitter management was considerably less capricious.

It never was much of a solution. They need to link to an application that will present updates in date order, but also allow searching for a particular train, and support access by a large number of users simultaneously. I'm sure there must be something on the market that would meet those needs.

It wasn't Elon at the time; Twitter management was considerably less capricious.

It never was much of a solution. They need to link to an application that will present updates in date order, but also allow searching for a particular train, and support access by a large number of users simultaneously. I'm sure there must be something on the market that would meet those needs.
Doesn't matter. One does not include some other company's facility in a critical path in ones operations without having a service agreement. It isirresponsible what Amtrak did and they are paying for it now. Of course with Elon probably he would trash service agreements too, so there is that. But at least he would have to be conscious of it. The capricious part would have kicked in if in spite of an agreement Elon simply ignored the whole thing since it is entirely Amtrak's baby. As it stands Elon is perfectly free to do what he did relative to Amtrak.

Yes there are scads of good event service with good search capabilities if one looks around a bit.

They are all competitors, and each wants you to log on to their own site so that they can show you ads and track you. If some outsider created a tool like that, they would be shut down pretty quickly.
That is very likely. Remember for these services, you are a commodity about which information is to be collected so as to feed you things that you might spend money on. The fact that you get to post something useful is entirely incidental thing to hook you with. :D

That is very likely. Remember for these services, you are a commodity about which information is to be collected so as to feed you things that you might spend money on. The fact that you get to post something useful is entirely incidental thing to hook you with. :D
And one reason I am not that engaged on some of that platforms.

Well, Amtrak brought them back for a couple of weeks, but as of 8/31/2023, they seem to be gone completely. There's just a note to go to Twitter to get the NEC delays and nothing about how to get the delays outside the NEC. - Shabby.

jb

I am receiving all AmtrakAlert Tweets on my X feed. Of course I am also getting the AmtrakNEC Alerts tweets too. I have no idea what is happening on Amtrak's own Alerts page. I have ignoring it since it has always been less reliable and complete that the X feed.

I am receiving all AmtrakAlert Tweets on my X feed. Of course I am also getting the AmtrakNEC Alerts tweets too. I have no idea what is happening on Amtrak's own Alerts page. I have ignoring it since it has always been less reliable and complete that the X feed.
The last alert I saw today on "X" (Twitter) was on Sept 11th. Is it no longer giving updates as it once did?

The last alert I saw today on "X" (Twitter) was on Sept 11th. Is it no longer giving updates as it once did?
Yea, the last one I see is on the 11th regarding Pacific Surfliner Coast Starlight Schedule Changes for September 16-17.
With a two day-gap in posts, I now see a couple of Pacific Surfliner alerts posted in the past hour. 0930 on Sep 13.
I have a Twitter/X account.

Well, Amtrak brought them back for a couple of weeks, but as of 8/31/2023, they seem to be gone completely. There's just a note to go to Twitter to get the NEC delays and nothing about how to get the delays outside the NEC. - Shabby.
US airlines can update conditions via text, email, web, and app, so why not Amtrak? I'm unaware of any other carrier that expects everyone to use TwiX.

I’ve noticed the alerts still do populate when you search for a train under the ‘train status’ page on the AMTK site
?? Here’s a train 6+ hours late but the “train status” does not say why it’s late. That is what people want to see.

Edit: forgot to post the screenshot

Attachments

• IMG_2249.png
    IMG_2249.png
    261.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back