Where to stay in Toronto?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RRrich

Conductor
We are doing a bucket trip - the Canadian, CS and CZ with stops on Victoria Island and San Francisco. In Toronto we just want a place to sleep and Internet.

Suggestions??

We are doing a bucket trip - the Canadian, CS and CZ with stops on Victoria Island and San Francisco. In Toronto we just want a place to sleep and Internet.

Suggestions??
:hi: Nice trip Rich! :wub: Lots of Hotels in downtown Toronto around Union Station, the usual Chains are Expensive, Id suggest Googling up Kayak or one of the Travel Sights such as Booking.com etc/maybe even Priceline and go by Price! The Fairmont is connected to Union Station by Tunnel, is an old RR Hotel, it's Very Nice but Pricey! Can I go if the Mrs. doesnt want to ride? :D (I know, no AGR Points for the VIA Legs, just $$$$ ^_^ !!!) Jim

Last edited by a moderator:

Suggestions??
:hi: Nice trip Rich! :wub: Lots of Hotels in downtown Toronto around Union Station, the usual Chains are Expensive, Id suggest Googling up Kayak or one of the Travel Sights such as Booking.com etc/maybe even Priceline and go by Price! The Fairmont is connected to Union Station by Tunnel, is an old RR Hotel, it's Very Nice but Pricey! Can I go is the Mrs. doesnt want to ride? :D (I know, no AGR Points for the VIA Legs, just $$$$ ^_^ !!!) Jim
The Fairmont Royal York is way overpriced as it is a tired old RR hotel with tiny rooms, non-existent wifi and charges for everything and anything!

We stayed at the new boutique Hotel Victoria last spring, a 5-minute above ground walk to the station or about 10 minutes via the underground city network, accessed from King Street subway station entrance about 100 yards from the hotel. Price was $109 with wifi, free internet, huge bathrooms and a great breakfast place next door (also a Richtree Market restaurant, aka Marche, famous in Europe for its incredible array of food serving stalls, is a block away, between hotel and station).

I stayed at the Royal York 2 nights in October between the Canadian and Maple Leaf. It was nice, but I too feel it is overpriced and would stay somewhere else if I returned to Toronto. There is a great Greek restaurant a few blocks away - can't remember the name, but if you go to the Roy Thompson concert hall, on the north side of the building, go west a few doors on the same side of the street. Big, busy place with great food and service.

Hi,

I stayed in the HI Hostel in Toronto, with my teenage son, which has internet... I believe they have "co-ed" (mixed sex) dorms as well as private rooms. Might be ok for a cheap bed between trains. I walked to the station from the hostel, I think it was about 10-12 minutes walk, or thereabouts.

Ed :cool:

Hi,

I stayed in the HI Hostel in Toronto, with my teenage son, which has internet... I believe they have "co-ed" (mixed sex) dorms as well as private rooms. Might be ok for a cheap bed between trains. I walked to the station from the hostel, I think it was about 10-12 minutes walk, or thereabouts.

Ed :cool:
Boy, going from a hostel to the Canadian sleeper service! Like the Upstairs, Downstairs soap saga on the BBC!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back