Which Gate/Track for Train 233 from Penn Station?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

National Limited

Service Attendant
I've been searching the forum for the last 30 minutes and haven't found the answer to this question that I know has been asked many times before. I'm taking train 233 from Penn Station in NYC and would like to be reminded from which tracks Empire service trains leave the station. I think it is track 6 or 7 but can't remember and don't seem to be able to find the answer. Also, typicaly, are the east or west gates used. And, finally, is Business Class on the front end or rear end of the train.

Thanks for any help!

The Empire Service trains departing north from New York Penn Station

usually are assigned tracks 5 through 8. The track number is posted

on the big board in departure hall approximately 10 minutes before

departure. The gate call could be either east or west or in some

cases, both. The Business Class car is usually at the front of the

train, but that position could change. Have a pleasant trip.

Train 233 boarded from 5/6 E today and business class was on the rear. I stood, like a fool, in front of the board awaiting the posting of the gate while a line formed from the gate all the way back to the entrance to the waiting area. I kept thinking "why are those people lined up for gate 5/6 when there isn't a train posted for that gate." I Soon found out. Apparently the people in the waiting area heard about the gate assignment first or 233 usually departs from 5/6 E.

Was enjoyable getting to view the Hudson from ground level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back