Why was the Crescent so late today?20 Crescent From New Orleans, LA

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TacoMan

Train Attendant
20 Crescent From New Orleans, LA (NOL) 7:05 am Tue May 10, 2011 7:05 am Tue May 10, 2011 Departed: on time.

To Washington, DC -

Union Station (WAS) 10:10 am Wed May 11, 2011 2:30 pm Wed May 11, 2011 Arrived: 4 hours and 16 minutes late.

If I'm not mistaken the delays occurred around South Carolina. There was some severe weather (wind damage primarily) in that area and while I don't have any information that definitely points to weather damage being the cause of the delay, it certainly fits.

Actually the first delay happened somewhere between NO and Meridian MS, it arrived over an hour late there.

If I'm not mistaken the delays occurred around South Carolina. There was some severe weather (wind damage primarily) in that area and while I don't have any information that definitely points to weather damage being the cause of the delay, it certainly fits.
It caught its delay between Spartanburg and Gastonia, where it went from being 1:23 late to 4:55 late into Gastonia.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back