Will the Sunset Limited Ever be restored?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

willyvee

Train Attendant
Hello everyone,

I have been a regular viewer of this forum since March. After the study for the Sunset Limited East of New Orleans came out last July, talk seems to have died down about its restoration. I have lately become very worried wondering if the Sunset Limited East will ever be restored. What will it take for the Sunset to start rolloing east of New Orleans? What are the steps? Will Amtrak ever restore it on its own, or will it take thousands of protesters and Congress? How much longer can Amtrak "temporarily suspend" service? What are your opinions on this matter?

Thanks,

Will

Hello everyone,I have been a regular viewer of this forum since March. After the study for the Sunset Limited East of New Orleans came out last July, talk seems to have died down about its restoration. I have lately become very worried wondering if the Sunset Limited East will ever be restored. What will it take for the Sunset to start rolloing east of New Orleans? What are the steps? Will Amtrak ever restore it on its own, or will it take thousands of protesters and Congress? How much longer can Amtrak "temporarily suspend" service? What are your opinions on this matter?

Thanks,

Will

Right now, Amtrak already send the proposed plans what to restore Sunset Limited t Congress and waiting for decision. But I feel that they will restore it but with a new train route but not Sunset Limited. Amtrak is already in talks with UP to make the route LA to NOL a daily train instead 3 days a week.

Amtrak has alot of plans for the country, maybe you could check Amtrak.com to see their long range plan what their plans are.

Hello everyone,I have been a regular viewer of this forum since March. After the study for the Sunset Limited East of New Orleans came out last July, talk seems to have died down about its restoration. I have lately become very worried wondering if the Sunset Limited East will ever be restored. What will it take for the Sunset to start rolloing east of New Orleans? What are the steps? Will Amtrak ever restore it on its own, or will it take thousands of protesters and Congress? How much longer can Amtrak "temporarily suspend" service? What are your opinions on this matter?

Thanks,

Will
The reason its been quiet, is that it will take an act of Congress (literally) to get the Sunset restored east of NOL. Congress required that Amtrak submit a study to them as part of last years authorization bill. They have done that now we just wait. And we all know how long that might take.

Thanks,

Will
The reason its been quiet, is that it will take an act of Congress (literally) to get the Sunset restored east of NOL. Congress required that Amtrak submit a study to them as part of last years authorization bill. They have done that now we just wait. And we all know how long that might take.
The opposite of progress is congress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back