Wisconsin opposition could derail others' plans for high-speed tra

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm actually going to admit that, IMHO, the lines that should be getting the most focus are the various East Coast to Chicago lines. Now, that includes NY-Albany and Philly-Pittsburgh (and, frankly, I do wonder at the prospects of Boston-Albany). The reason is that whatever you can get in corridor lines, you can also beef up the Chicago-bound long distance lines.

The second (and less likely) area for improvement is the DC-Miami line (focus on DC-North Carolina for now)...the problem is that a lot of those states are highly Republican (the only Democrat on the line is in North Carolina, but Virginia is also receptive to rail projects...our Republicans are a little different than the national brand). Again, you get two benefits for one, and in these cases, I know the Silvers (and the Palmetto) are a relatively good investment for improving times on.

It isn't a strictly Republican/Democrat issue, at the state and local level issues can become less partisan. And yes, conservative platforms don't usually include rail, there are many conservatives who aren't hard line.

Back