Your TSA's In Action

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrFSS

Engineer
Honored Member
My brother just sent this to me, so I have no reason to not believe it happened to him.

THE LATEST FROM THE TSA

I don't want to identify the airport ... but here's my latest TSA adventure. It happened over the weekend. As I approached the screening machine I was wearing a colored t-shirt (t-shirt of color, if you will) with an unbuttoned long sleeve sports shirt. The lady shoving the luggage into the machine told me I had to remove my jacket.

"It isn't a jacket. It's my shirt."

"Well you have something on under it."

"That's my undershirt."

"Well, you're wearing it like a jacket, so you'll have to take it off."

"What if I just button it?"

"That would be OK".

So .. I buttoned it up and went on through .... wondering just where they get some of these people, During that flight I couldn't help but think that my safety was dependent on a woman who couldn't tell a sports shirt from a jacket and who thought that by somehow buttoning it up all threats were removed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Imagine if these clown start checking people boarding trains! :eek: Those of us that wear Amtrak and Rail Road clothing when riding probably will be considered employees and maybe asked to help strip search "suspicious" boarders! :rolleyes: Should make for an interesting spectacle on the platforms/ at the gates! Sheesh! :angry: (Is that a pistol in your pocket?No, just my railroad watch! :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Last edited by a moderator:
Imagine if these clown start checking people boarding trains! :eek: Those of us that wear Amtrak and Rail Road clothing when riding probably will be considered employees and maybe asked to help strip search "suspicious" boarders! :rolleyes: Should make for an interesting spectacle on the platforms/ at the gates! Sheesh! :angry: (Is that a pistol in your pocket?No, just my railroad watch! :lol: :lol: :lol: )
Can you imagine trying to board with a scanner? They'd probably freak!

Can you imagine trying to board with a scanner? They'd probably freak!
I've been questioned frequently by TSA about my Uniden Scanner, after they scan it...But they mostly just ask "Is that a scanner?"

I experienced the TSA and Amtrak last Friday when I was in New York Penn Station a group of 3 or 4 gentlemen in royal blue shirts with TSA logos walked through the main concourse. Not a big deal its a big jump to airport screenings.

I experienced the TSA and Amtrak last Friday when I was in New York Penn Station a group of 3 or 4 gentlemen in royal blue shirts with TSA logos walked through the main concourse. Not a big deal its a big jump to airport screenings.
I really don't understand the point of having the TSA at NYP. Amtrak has their own police that are decked out like they are going on a swat team raid with body armor and drug dogs. Amtrak police are full police officers with the power to arrest, right? So what is the point of having a rent a cop TSA guy there? TSA has no power to arrest anyone, right?

TSA is responsible for security at train stations as well as airports. I doubt that the folks at NYP were "rent a cops", but were probably manager-types there to make sure that things were going as they should.

Back