Zephyr bargain 6/17

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shows CHI-EMY or SFC @ $242 for a roomette. Very low price for high season and nothing comparable around those dates I can find. Snatch it up if you can.

Good find. It is ACTUALLY only $167 more for the roomette than a single coach seat since selecting the roomette drives the basic coach fare down from $210.00 to $135.00. For two folks traveling in the roomette it would only be $92 more for it than two regular coach seats. WOW!

:huh:

Anyone interested? It shows up as the LAST roomette available on the train so snatch it up now if you can!

I didn't think there was any feature on the amtrak website that let you determine how many roomettes were left..in fact I thought you had to call and talk to an agent to find that out...;-)

no, when it gets down to the last two of any accommodation, a note is automatically added next to the pull-down for number of accommodations desired in each class

doveman said:
I didn't think there was any feature on the amtrak website that let you determine how many roomettes were left..in fact I thought you had to call and talk to an agent to find that out...;-)
While you cannot see the total number of rooms, you can see the last eight. Go to the reservation feature of Amtrak.com and start a dummy reservation for eight travelers (the maximum permitted). When you get to the train selection page and can add the accommodations, the pull down quantity will permit you to book up to one room per traveler. If there are eight or more rooms of a specific type, the site will have quantities up to eight. If there are less than eight, the site will have available quantities up to the number of rooms left. So, if you are looking to book a bedroom and there are three left, the site will show an available quantity of three.

Wow, thats an even better deal then I got less than one week before my CHI to EMY trip in a roomette. This was last summer where I got a room for $336 5 days before departure in July. It sure helped having travel benefits back then too to fly to CHI and back home from SFO. Very fun adventure!

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back