zephyr car numbers

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cbqbill

Train Attendant
I just made a reservation on #6 this Wednesday from Denver to Chicago and was assigned a room in car 0633. Would this be the car that's added to the rear of the train in Denver? If so, would it be behind the other sleepers or the coaches?

0633 makes the entire journey and is the last car on the train (unless you are hauling privates). It should give you the Rail Fan Window for the duration of your journey.

I just made a reservation on #6 this Wednesday from Denver to Chicago and was assigned a room in car 0633. Would this be the car that's added to the rear of the train in Denver? If so, would it be behind the other sleepers or the coaches?
Here is a link to another thread that contains the 'line numbers' of the different Amtrak consists: http://discuss.amtraktrains.com/index.php?/topic/32610-line-numbers/page__hl__consists I find this very helpful and have bookmarked this thread. Scroll down through it to find the most recently updated information.

Last edited by a moderator:
Except the Zephyr information in that thread is a bit out of date, as it has the 33 car cutting in DEN. The Zephyr's consist stays solid all the way to EMY at the moment.

Except the Zephyr information in that thread is a bit out of date, as it has the 33 car cutting in DEN. The Zephyr's consist stays solid all the way to EMY at the moment.
A update showing the current practice is in Reply 27.

EDIT: Oops. I that reply still shows the car cutting off in DEN. With the temporary station set-up in Denver, there is no room for storage of the cut-off car.

Last edited by a moderator:
A update showing the current practice is in Reply 27.

EDIT: Oops. I that reply still shows the car cutting off in DEN. With the temporary station set-up in Denver, there is no room for storage of the cut-off car.
Out of curiosity, does anyone know why the 633 car was added through EMY this year? Was is solely attributed to the temporary Denver station situation, response to increased CZ demand, or a combination of both?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back