Zephyr Detour Master Thread

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rare mileage trips are nice - especially if unexpected! I was on #92 this morning, and had an unexpected detour due to track work - I had no prior knowledge about it!
cool.gif

Thought I should post this question in this thread...

I was somewhat surprised to see service disruptions for both 5 & 6 on May 15, the day before the detour is scheduled to occur, and was curious if anyone had any additional info.

I was somewhat surprised to see service disruptions for both 5 & 6 on May 15, the day before the detour is scheduled to occur, and was curious if anyone had any additional info.
The detour is required for the trains departing Denver and Salt Lake City beginning May 16. This affects the Zephyrs that leave Chicago and Emeryville on May 15. For whatever reason, Amtrak has put the detour trains into the "Service Disruption" category from the start of the trip. In prior years, this did not happen for scheduled Wyoming detours.

Rare mileage trips are nice - especially if unexpected! I was on #92 this morning, and had an unexpected detour due to track work - I had no prior knowledge about it!
cool.gif
Rare mileage trips occupy a special place at the top of my priority list. I had a choice between hitting the CS/SL or grabbing the Zephyr rare mileage...well, you can guess which won out.

The detour is required for the trains departing Denver and Salt Lake City beginning May 16. This affects the Zephyrs that leave Chicago and Emeryville on May 15. For whatever reason, Amtrak has put the detour trains into the "Service Disruption" category from the start of the trip. In prior years, this did not happen for scheduled Wyoming detours.
Thanks! I thought May 15 5 & 6 would follow WY detour on May 16, as advertised. I was just surprised there was no status info when I checked this morning. I see status info has been posted (apparently late posts).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back