Zone Games

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Planning on taking the family from Jackson, MI to Orlando this summer. Jackson to Orlando is two zones, but if I drive two hours to Toledo, it will be one. However, if I read the zone map correctly, Detroit is also in the eastern zone, thus making DET - ORL one zone? With the developments of the last few days, using the train DET - CHI - ORL might be two zones now? If by any chance it's still considered one, what about booking DET - ORL, but boarding downline at JXN? (will this "strategery" work in coach? I think not if sleeper) Yet another option is to drive to WTI, by a ticket to TOL, and then start the one zone trip.

Advance thanks to all the pro-riders out there!

From Detroit, AGR would route you on the Thruway Bus to Toldeo for a one zone award. In Toledo you'd catch the Capitol Limited.

If I were you, I would call AGR they tell you its one, Monday and ask about JXN to ORL - If that is what you really want and they tell you its one, then Jack's your uncle. -_-

Let us know <_<

I mentioned this in the big L-hole (can't say the word anymore) thread, but since I asked here initially, let me say that DET-ORL is one zone via Thruway bus, but two via train and CHI. We're booked one zone TOL-ORL and will probably buy coach WTI-TOL. Thanks for the input.

Back