#50 major delay (6/15-16)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW, my husband traveled on the ticket only as far as RVR. He had no problem either. He was to take the train from RVR to RVM but the connection was missed. He said Amtrak treated him well and had a van to take passengers from one station to the other. Since his hotel was on the way he was able to just simply ask if he could be dropped off and they did. He was very happy, and we were reunited on Wednesday and made the trip home together. Only one minor bump, he wasn't on the manifest, so Delisa (SCA) checked his ticket, then took it to the conductor (I guess) and they got it all straightened out. Don't know what that was all about, but they came back happy and he was added to the manifest.

We were lucky on the return as our room #3 on the 51 didn't have a hall curtain. It just so happened the #5 room was open and we were given it instead. Delisa didn't know what she would have done otherwise.

BTW, my husband traveled on the ticket only as far as RVR. He had no problem either. He was to take the train from RVR to RVM but the connection was missed. He said Amtrak treated him well and had a van to take passengers from one station to the other. Since his hotel was on the way he was able to just simply ask if he could be dropped off and they did. He was very happy, and we were reunited on Wednesday and made the trip home together. Only one minor bump, he wasn't on the manifest, so Delisa (SCA) checked his ticket, then took it to the conductor (I guess) and they got it all straightened out. Don't know what that was all about, but they came back happy and he was added to the manifest.
We were lucky on the return as our room #3 on the 51 didn't have a hall curtain. It just so happened the #5 room was open and we were given it instead. Delisa didn't know what she would have done otherwise.
My guess would be a glitch involving the fact that his ticket wasn't scanned on trip to RVM, so rest of reservation cancelled out?

My guess would be a glitch involving the fact that his ticket wasn't scanned on trip to RVM, so rest of reservation cancelled out?
Yeah, that's my guess. :-( BTW, I wanted to state that the Amtrak van dropped him off at an intersection, not the hotel. I realized it could be mis-read.

Since it seems as though this may be a major theme this summer, I'm continuing the 50's otp on this thread.

What happened to the 50 today 6/27/2013? It departed CHI 22 minutes late, and arrived in Dyer 4 hours and 44 minutes late! That's awful early to lose time like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I looked at all the trains coming from the west. It doesn't appear that it was held for the EB, CZ, SWC, or TE. It's possible that it was held for a Midwest train from Michigan or Southern Illinois.

I looked at all the trains coming from the west. It doesn't appear that it was held for the EB, CZ, SWC, or TE. It's possible that it was held for a Midwest train from Michigan or Southern Illinois.
Yeah, no. I mean it was only 22 minutes late out of CHI, which isn't totally unreasonable. But once it left CHI it lost 4 hours and 22 minutes before it's first stop (not including the 22 minutes it was late leaving CHI)! Yard delays? Trespasser incident? Inquiring minds. :)

Amtrak's app showed it arriving at its first stop, Dyer, 52 minutes late and departing 4 hours and 22 minutes late.

Amtrak's app showed it arriving at its first stop, Dyer, 52 minutes late and departing 4 hours and 22 minutes late.
Yes, that's what it originally showed on Amtrak.com. But almost immediately after my posting it departing 4 hours and 22 minutes late, I went back to check again and it said it arrived 4 hours and 22 minutes late, which is what it still shows this morning. That's why I went back and edited my post. I've checked Google news and all the usual places, and see nothing.

Amtrak.com also gives the arrival time for Dyer at 7:50, as does Amtrak's iPhone app.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back