6 Day,5night trip

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GregL

Service Attendant
My wife and I concluded a trip on the IZ/EB/CS/CZ. For the most part the trip very good. Two of the three car attendants were excellent, the third we hardly ever saw. The food was good except for the catfish,which seemed to be the opinion of most of the diners. All of the equipment was in good shape. We did have a rattle in the restmoom wall in one of our sleepers, which stopped when I shimmed it up with a pair of socks. We really enjoyed the scenery in the mountains, most of which you can not see by personal vehicle. The only downer was that we arrived at Galesburg abut five hours late. We took a bunch of photos which we haven't had time to attend to yet.

When our friends heard about the trip. they say that really sounds neat. When asked if we would do it again,We say yes, but not next week.

Thanks for the report, GregL, but all too brief, given all those trains. Hope we'll see more when you've attended to the pics.

Recently met a guy on the Coast Starlight who suggested taking a length of duct tape wrapped on a pencil to help with rattles, which worked for him. I said, "Take the whole roll and sell pieces to fellow passengers to deal with their rattles." HAHA!!

Patrick

Was the guy who had the duct tape a fella from Canada named Red Green? :lol: Greg, would love to see a couple of pics if you can put them up. Glad the trip went well. Since I'm fairly new to rail travel I had one trip where I didn't even know if we had a coach attendent. The last couple of trips I have seen my attendent walk the car continously and sit in the rear of coach and was very hardworking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back